A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 21 users / day
- 115 users / week
- 167 users / month
- 331 users / 6 months
- 14 subscribers
- 2.02K Posts
- 9.19K Comments
KiCad looks really good!
Unfortunately my experience with it is limited and it didn’t quite work out. I can’t afford Altium, but I had to look at some schematics for a project I was working on. I had to go through some roundabout way to import the Altium files into KiCad, and the result was rather poor. I ended up just working off of the PDF export. I’m willing to bet Altium makes subtle changes to their file format all the time, making it difficult for other tools to interoperate.
I’ve heard a lot of open hardware projects use KiCad though, so it must be good!