A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 12 users / day
- 21 users / week
- 71 users / month
- 247 users / 6 months
- 14 subscribers
- 2.01K Posts
- 9.03K Comments
Yes it works, thank you. According to the article and wikipedia, seems that cliqz is open source. Seems promising, even if I don’t like the company behind brave so much. I hope it will not be centralized, though. I’m not sure someone could compete with google by trying to index all the web itself :thinking face:
edit: it appears that cliqz wanted to rely on advertisement, I hope it will not be the case.