A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 30 users / day
- 90 users / week
- 132 users / month
- 302 users / 6 months
- 14 subscribers
- 2.02K Posts
- 9.14K Comments
The only thing that makes matrix more relevant than XMPP is that matrix has the element client and that matrix has a lot of momentum. But XMPP is a pretty great protocol that just needs better clients, branding and community stuff.
Here is a video displaying the upcoming discord/slack-like UI for Gajim 1.4
But yeah, matrix/element is the most relevant thing right now.
(IRC is completely dead as a viable option for most people I think, only hardcore people use it)