US defense head is eager to frame operation as a success – and slam journalists for not portraying it in a positive light
Pete Hegseth on Friday again claimed the US military campaign against Iran has been an unprecedented success, using a Pentagon press conference to accuse journalists of downplaying Washington’s supposed gains on the battlefield.
Speaking alongside the chair of the joint chiefs of staff, the US defense secretary claimed Iran had been left without a functioning air force, navy or missile defense network after 13 days of strikes, and said the combined US-Israeli air campaign had hit more than 15,000 targets since the war began.
“The United States is decimating the radical Iranian regime’s military in a way the world has never seen before,” Hegseth told reporters.



Nono, you just lack the necessary on-the-ground experience to have any idea of what you’re talking about. It’s not your fault, but your perception of the U.S. and it’s people is not in any way accurate. Most Americans didn’t vote for this, and most likely, most Americans who voted didn’t vote for this, despite what the numbers tell you. And that’s without factoring SpaceX/Starlink fuckery.
Just look at what’s been happening where I live in Minnesota. That’s one place that is being highly publicized, but that level of resistance is happening nationwide, all the time. Your view is simply myopic.