A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 2 users / day
- 3 users / week
- 31 users / month
- 254 users / 6 months
- 14 subscribers
- 1.96K Posts
- 8.76K Comments
I would say the massive number of companies is concerning but such is the nature of reversible payment methods. They can’t just send money, they have to score how much to trust you and they try to pull in as much data as possible to make that score. Makes cash and cash-like payments all the more attractive.