*The senior vice president of Microsoft Teams announced that Teams would be moving to their own Edge Webview2 Rendering Engine ditching Electron for seeking performance gains. It is marketed that Teams would consume 2x less memory as a result of the transition. It would be called Teams 2.0 and might ship with Windows 11 in late 2022.*
publicado de forma cruzada desde: https://lemmy.ml/post/78544
> It's probably well known at this point, but it doesn't hurt to spread the word further. Disabling accessibility services in Firefox (both on desktop and mobile, but specially on mobile) helps **A LOT** with performance and RAM usage.
> Just set `accessibility.force_disabled` to 1 in `about:config` and enjoy the up to 20% less RAM usage and 5% less CPU usage (at least in my not so detailed testing on my laptop).
> In my case my system went from 7.9GB to 5.2GB with the same tabs and windows open and from 25% to 20% CPU usage while having one of those tabs playing a livestream.
> Quoting one [of the comments in the Reddit thread I found this out](https://www.teddit.net/r/firefox/comments/p8g5zd/_/h9t67h5/?context=1) to why this isn't disabled by default:
> > Accessibility does not start by default, but it starts lazily if another piece of software on your device starts requesting accessibility features from Firefox.\
> Unfortunately a lot of third-party software likes to do this even though they have nothing to do with assistive technologies.
> You can also [vote on this bug in Bugzilla](https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1726887) to help it get solved faster.
A private, cross-platform package tracking app.
Track postal items directly on your device using accounts of postal services. The app respects your privacy and freedom: you don't use third-party online services.
- Free and Open Source software (FOSS)
- Support for various platfroms and devices
- Support accounts of different carriers
- Detailed information about the postal items, carriers, tracking history
- Local push notifications
- Automatic tracking in the background, and also manual refreshing
- Ability to add a list of track numbers
- Filter and sort numbers by activity date, package status, carrier, etc
- Barcode and QR code scanner for tracking numbers
- Barcode generator
- Archiving tracking numbers
- Material Design 2.0
- Night theme
- Responsive UI for different devices form factors
- [Linux]: System tray support. Note: for support in GNOME, please install [gnome-shell-extension-appindicator](https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/615/appindicator-support/) or similar extension.